Week 10


Redesigning the pots

I layered the coconut to create a stable and supportive pot. I also used natural string to help tie lose bits togeather.


I found that the material didn’t take to the lighter dyes when submerged for a short period of time. To create lighter blues within the pots I added salt, this allowed for a wider variety of colour as well as great textures that relate nicely to the movements of the sea.

18378659_10213249541097253_2116965904_o (2)

I like how the string looks like old tangled up ropes that are found by the sea.

18379370_10213249975068102_1122467586_o (1).jpg

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s